Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Court Family Bromsgrove/Redditch

Court Family Bromsgrove/Redditch 3 years 6 months ago #1009

Hi... I am new here... hoping I'm in the right place! I am looking for any information on John Court, b. abt 1796, married Hannah Bennett in Tardebigge bromsgrove in 1812. I am stuck at this John... he is my GGGG Grandfather.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Court Family Bromsgrove/Redditch 3 years 6 months ago #1010

Hi Valerie,

Welcome to the forum.

Two things make me think your John might have been born slightly before 1796. Firstly I think that he would generally have been slightly older than your Hannah. (If she was 60 in 1851.) Secondly he would have only have been 16 when he married.

I take it that you are aware that the 1841 census rounded adult ages down to a multiple of 5. So someone having an age of 45 in the 1841 could have been 45, 46, 47, 48 or 49.

That fits almost with a Baptism found on FamilySearch for a John Mitchell COURT for 1790. Some people were not very good with their dates of birth and calculating their ages.

Regards

Carpet bagger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valerie

Court Family Bromsgrove/Redditch 3 years 6 months ago #1015

Yes Sir/Maam you are right, he was.born 1790.... now I continue with my research. Thanks!
  • Page:
Moderators: Chairman
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Member Login

Please register to access all areas of the site. Registration is free and not limited to BMSGH members. As usernames are visible to others in the forums, we suggest you do not use your email address.

For help with registration or logging in click here.