Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: John r lees

John r lees 4 years 2 months ago #965

Hi I'm new to this,I'm looking for info on my by gg grandad John r lees also known as Robert last known address 2alton rd Northfield in 1911 census, can't find any record of birth thanks harry . sorry that would be 2 Alton rd selly oak. He was said to have been born in Hollywood Worcestershire . he was a whipstick dresser. But in 1911 a worker in tin works.married Dinah flowers in 1873.one of sons Arthur William James lees born Aston 1875.my g grandad. And one of Arthur's sons .Noel harry John lees born Northfield 1905. My grandad.sorry about going on. Cheers Harry.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by harle769.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

John r lees 4 years 2 months ago #967

Hi Harry,

I think Hollywood, although in Worcestershire, came under the Alcester, Warwickshire registration district. Using FreeBMD, there's Q4 1843 registration in Alcester - for a Robert John LEWIS. Found with 'phonetic search' switched on from LEES.

This, of course, may not be your man.

If the age doesn't match the estimated age from the census, there's a John LEES, 1859, in Kings Norton, Worcestershire.

He is on the electoral register in 1912, onwards. Which is a bit unusual for the average man - must have been doing well for himself.

Regards

Carpet Bagger
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: harle769
  • Page:
Moderators: Chairman
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Member Login

Please register to access all areas of the site. Registration is free and not limited to BMSGH members. As usernames are visible to others in the forums, we suggest you do not use your email address.

For help with registration or logging in click here.