Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the North Worcestershire Family History Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Bungalow?

The Bungalow? 4 months 2 days ago #1252

Hello all
Having delved into my immediate family history from here in Edinburgh, I have discovered that before my father met my mother and moved to Scotland, he was first married to a lady called Clarice Sharpes of Bromsgrove. The address I have is The Bungalow, Stoke Works Bromsgrove. They were married almost immediately after the war and were together at that address for almost nine years. The problem Im having is finding out where "The Bungalow" is or was situated. Any help appreciated. Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Bungalow? 3 months 4 weeks ago #1253

Hello Blackstar,

Using the 1939 Register, only available on FindMyPast, Clalrice, as Beatrice Clarice born 30th May 1921, appears to be with mum and dad at The Bungalow. Three other undisclosed people are there too. Although the wording gives nothing better than Bromsgrove, the accompanying map shows a tiny lane called Sharpway Gate.

Sharpway Gate can be found on Google Maps, although It now not as long as it was.

Regards

Carpet Bagger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blackstar

The Bungalow? 3 months 3 weeks ago #1309

Hello Carpet Bagger
Thanks for your response. Having gone to Find your Past and typing in Bromsgrove as the district and "The Bungalow" as the address, I am unable to come up with any results. When typing in Sharpway Gate there is no "Bungalow" on that list. Can you tell me how you got there please? Thank you

The Bungalow? 3 months 2 weeks ago #1434

Hi Again Blackstar,

Use a name search. On FMP enter, in the 1939 Register search boxes, just 'Beatrice' and 'Sharpes'.

You should get 2 hits. One is a name variant and the other is yours.

Select the record page, not the image of the register. This will give you the transcription. For the map, scroll down to Where they lived in 1939.

Hope that helps

Carpet Bagger
  • Page:
Moderators: Chairman
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Member Login

Please register to access all areas of the site. Registration is free and not limited to BMSGH members. As usernames are visible to others in the forums, we suggest you do not use your email address.

For help with registration or logging in click here.