Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thomas Bromsgrove Lilly

Thomas Bromsgrove Lilly 1 year 6 months ago #1139

I am looking for any information concerning Thomas Bromsgrove Lilly, possibly born about 1515. Another birth year is 1473 and died in 1550. Married to Elizabeth Owen. I am hoping this is the right forum for my questions. If not, please direct me to the correct location.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thomas Bromsgrove Lilly 1 year 6 months ago #1140

Hi,

You could try www.fhs-online.co.uk/ (pay to view) the county Baptism Index. I'm not certain, but as Thomas CROMWELL's legislation on parish registers didn't happen until 1538 I think you would need to be very lucky to find anything.

You may have more luck looking for wills and estate papers. First stop would be The Hive in Worcester. However, a lot would depend on where the will was proved.

I've done a Google search and everything seems to have come from one researcher, who has not sourced anything other than her own files. I would have expected references to original documents. There appears to be nothing in the National Archives' Indexes.

The old IGI is no longer relied on. Too many errors - some people submitted details based on pure guesswork! The vastly improved FamilySearch records do not start until 1538. The pre 2003 submitted genealogies have different dates, and as you would expect at that time different spellings.

Regards

Carpet Bagger

Thomas Bromsgrove Lilly 1 year 6 months ago #1141

Thank you for your time. Much appreciated.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chairman
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds

Member Login

Please register to access all areas of the site. Registration is free and not limited to BMSGH members. As usernames are visible to others in the forums, we suggest you do not use your email address.

For help with registration or logging in click here.