HomeForumFamily History Tips and TricksLocal Sources and ResourcesAston Fields War Memorial - unknow soldier
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Aston Fields War Memorial - unknow soldier

Aston Fields War Memorial - unknow soldier 3 years 7 months ago #1067

H hutsix thanks for the reply/email

I have contacted my direct contact at the CWGC about getting an inscription on the head stone, I will keep you posted on how things move. Thanks for the idea's

Could you highlight me up the section about Italy I cant see that in the stuff you sent me?

I saw in the medical records (that i already had) that the General Paralysis was caused by

"Ear Infection (Otitis Medialead to serious complications, including mastoiditis, hearing loss, perforation of the eardrum, meningitis, facial nerve paralysis, leading to general paralsis and desath"

Great work on the infromthecold by the way
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by ukphil.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aston Fields War Memorial - unknow soldier 3 years 7 months ago #1068

yep that was me. do you mean i should put other references in the artical ?

Aston Fields War Memorial - unknow soldier 3 years 7 months ago #1069

Phil,

The dates served are on p12. Often the service record have duplicate copies of some pages and I have a better copy of page 12, I'll email it to you. On p12, the start date of his service in Italy is not clear. Might be worth my going back to Ancestry to see if there are any more duplicate pages which are easier to read. Would be useful to be able to read the battery numbers he served in.
I had not seen the full medical record, so maybe I was wrong in my assumption, from what was on the death certificate.

Cheers,

Geoff

Aston Fields War Memorial - unknow soldier 3 years 7 months ago #1070

As far as Forum boards go, and that's all types, there are two aspects to always think about.

1) Your own question or comment and what you want to achieve.
2) As it's all 'in public' it should allow others, even if they are not directly taking an interest in the topic, to learn from it, not just in the answer but from the sources and context.

I've not followed the topic too closely so I can't remember the type of article you are planning. Think about the target audience. Light and easy readers, no sources with perhaps just a bibliography at the end.
At the other end, a reference work, so fully sourced and referenced with full acknowledgement of other's work.

Cheers

Carpet Bagger
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Carpet Bagger. Reason: typo

Aston Fields War Memorial - unknow soldier 3 years 7 months ago #1075

Hi Just had a response from my contact at the CWGC, he have asked for my details and so he can forward them on to the relevant department. I make a case why i feel i could represent the thoughts of the family.

Lets hope they let me put something on!!

Aston Fields War Memorial - unknow soldier 3 years 6 months ago #1080

Hi. Just to let you know they are going to put a personal inscription on the head stone.

We had a think about it and went for. "Remembered and Not Forgotten"

We though this appropriate as we felt as if he was forgotten and now he is remembered and wont be forgotten in the future"
Moderators: Chairman
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Member Login

Please register to access all areas of the site. Registration is free and not limited to BMSGH members. As usernames are visible to others in the forums, we suggest you do not use your email address.

For help with registration or logging in click here.